Friday 15 July 2011

Post 8 - Glossary (Overview)

Before I go on with my blog, I personally want to go over some slang and key works I used and will use. This  will be updated as I go along.

Constructed: Standard Build-a-Deck format that yu-gi-oh has (in my opinion) gone stale on.
EXAMPLE: Look at your deck (then back at me...) and if you enter a tournament with that deck, you play constructed.

Limited: A format where you build your deck using a limited card pool.
EXAMPLE: Sealed is a format where each player is given the same pool of cards (about 80-100) in which the players must make a deck out of the cards recieved

Draft: Like sports, it's when each player selects cards one at a time from a larger card pool.
EXAMPLE: A booster draft is a format where cards are being selected from sealed packs that are being passed around.

Card Pool: The selection of cards that is available to a player when making a deck
EXAMPLE: Your own collection of cards, your friend's collection, the local card store, my cube




NOTE: Draft is a Limited format. Limited is NOT necessarily a draft format.

No comments:

Post a Comment