Monday 25 July 2011

Post 14 - I have a giant D*CK

Note: I'm running on 3 hours of sleep over the last 5 days, having worked two 8-hour shifts over the past 3 days at my new job. That is why I haven't been posting lately, and with three days until my next shift, I should be back to posting regularly. In the meantime, this post might be crappier in terms of quality, which actually is probably impossible, but i'll do my best.

Like I mentioned, I recently got a part-time job at my local supermarket, which takes up most of the spare time Ihad dedicated to making up different game formats for YuGiOh. As soon as I got home today, I realized I haven't posted anything lately. So here's is a game format I stole again from Magic:the Gathering. If you play a lot of casual (and by casual I mean, house rules/make up your own card effects/free for all/etc.) you might have tried this already with a bunch of cards laying around your room (or a Cube *shameless plug*). A Live Draft is when players draw from a common central deck, and all cards go to one Graveyard/Banish Zone. In short, the rules are as follows:

  • Each player shares a central deck (which contains A LOT of cards), a graveyard zone, and a banish zone
  • The contents in the central deck and in the graveyard are shared by all the players, any effect that targets your opponent's graveyard can target the central graveyard
  • You do not lose by decking out (While the live drafts played by my MtG folk have a central deck of close to a thousand cards, you could easily shuffle the graveyard and place it in the deck zone if you want)
  • Standard Yugioh rules apply.
I remembered this because I needed a way to test out my Yugioh Cube by myself, in preparation for a draft i'm holding at the local...locals. I Live Drafted my Cube, and these were the opening hands:

Player 1:
Pot of Greed
Dark Hole
Torrential Tribute
Card Trooper
Cyber Jar

Player 2:
Skill Drain
Confiscation
Witch of the Black Forest
Blue-Eyes White Dragon
Heavy Storm

I don't know if it's the cube, or the nature of the draft, but I would be happy with either of those hands.

So yes, that is my post on "How to Have Fun in Yugioh by Sharing a Deck"

No comments:

Post a Comment